Thursday, June 24, 2010

The grass is greener...

So my husband says to me...'Pick a side', not everyone will like you,
there will be some who like you and everything about you, those who
only like you sometimes... and there will be those you will be enviously hating you,
because they don't have what you have and like what you like, and then
there will be those who just plainly don't like you.
















I keep dreaming about her, and she's not even a great
friend, but the friend, who used to be
a friend, I met her back in High School, we became
friends, and now she's married to them, and they hated
her, but more importantly they hate me, so she tries
so hard to be on their side, and hates me along with
them...how long will that last. I just, in my own delusion
think that I didn't do anything wrong and that she
being my so called 'friend' should think for herself
and not follow the group...ugh oh well...

I guess in life, people are always thinking that
grass is greener on the other side...little do they know that
...its kinda dark in the shadows, patchy spots of yellow mugness,
and then of course there are those perfect spots of fabulously
green grass...

Everyone worked for what they have...

I think I worked hard to get to where I am, and for what I have.
But I dont have everything. I guess some people are envious, some
are jealous, and thank goodness for those few who are genuinely happy for me.

I'm getting old, have four almost to be grown children, I guess its
right like my husband says...'Pick a Side' and I guess I should
think, to be my good friend, you know that I have my crazy ADD disorder
but you still love me, know that I more than occasionally say things that are inappropriate
but forgive me, because that's me...I'm mid life...if you don't like it, you won't like
me, I couldn't change it before, I can't change it now so that you'll be my friend.
I have my crazy quirks, but if you know me, I genuinely love my family and friends
and if you're in my circle...I do anything for you...and mostly not ever ask for anything
in return, not even payment...accept for tolerating me...genuinely.

I grew up with my husband and then quickly grew a small family
within the extended family, so I didnt have 'time' like most to make
friends and go out.

I followed the directions of all my parents both IL and my own to
hopefully not make a mistake and only get the best of it

Just now am I getting to live life to the fullest, having come almost
fully circle, with my husband, my children, my inlaws, my career, my business,
my happiness, and coming up soon here, my reestablished credit and hopeful
money generation for my future.

Don't think that I didn't work for it. I did.
And now my grass is mostly green...don't hate.
Just work on yours, it'll get there soon.

1 comment:

  1. Truly, you can't please everyone.

    Some people are just meant to be sheep.

    And sometimes people just can't be strong enough to stand on their own against what they know is unfair or wrong, or are unwilling to risk what could be wrath from others.

    Think of this: if you were walking through the park alone on a Sunday afternoon, and came upon a man yelling at a woman, shoving her, threatening her with obscenities--what would you do? Would you intervene? You look around and see others curiously looking on and doing nothing. Would you risk yourself to save a stranger--or simply, as everyone around you is doing, look on with a confused kind of disgust and fear? If others aren't intervening, does it make it ok for you to walk away?

    ReplyDelete